Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cory Monteith

He's the picture in my header .. :-*


Cory Allan Michael Monteith (May 11, 1982 – July 13, 2013) was a Canadian actor and musician, known for his role as Finn Hudson on the Fox television series Glee. Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and raised in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Monteith had a troubled adolescence involving substance abuse from age 12, and he left school at 16. After an intervention by family and friends, he entered drug rehabilitation at age 19, and began rebuilding his life.
As an actor based in Vancouver, he had minor roles on such television series as Stargate Atlantis and Smallville before an audition tape of him singing "Can't Fight This Feeling" helped to land him the biggest role of his career, Finn on Glee. This introduced him to an international audience as a high school quarterback who is at first reluctant to join the high school singing club. In later seasons, the character had graduated but returned as a singing coach. Following his success on Glee, Monteith's film work included the movie Monte Carlo and a starring role in Sisters & Brothers. In an interview with Parade magazine in 2011, he discussed his history of substance abuse as a teen, and in March 2013, he again sought treatment for addiction. In July 2013, he died of a toxic combination of heroin and alcohol in a Vancouver hotel room.

^^^ Stole that from Wiki, just a brief description of who he was for the people that didn't know. Truth is no one can really DESCRIBE who Cory was in writing. If you knew him or were lucky enough to meet him, you'd just KNOW. Or if you're like me, a person who didn't get a chance to be that lucky, you'd watch a million and one interviews and home videos on Youtube, you'd watch every season of Glee almost every week..then ..you'd just know. He was one of my FAVORITE characters on the show. I fell in LOVE lol! He was such a heart warming, loving, caring character. And from what I've watched - the interviews from him and his other cast mates and people who knew him, he wasn't much different from his Finn character. That just makes you love him even more.



When I first found out the news that he had passed, I thought it was a joke. I was at a get together at my BFF's house getting a little LOOSE lol. I was on my phone for a few, scrolling on my instagram feed and then I came across this random post. Some girl had posted this picture of Cory [Finn] and the caption said something like "OMG R.I.P CORY!" .. I was just like...whut?? Nah. Who would even joke around like that..so not funny! Then I read a comment and it said "his press stated it's a hoax. he's alive" The relief!! I had to get off my phone STAT. 

When I came home that night, I was greeted by my cousin in the worst way. She goes "Rina..I have some bad news...sad news..Cory Monteith died.." I looked at her and said "Nah, it was fake I read it." And she goes "What!? How could they do that to me, I was dying just now.." She then ran on the computer and did some research and was like "But it's on CNN and everything Rina.." I'm like NO. She's like "His press confirmed it. An officer confirmed it" I ran to my laptop and did research on my own....I read...and there it was. "Cory Monteith found dead in Vancouver hotel" and just like that, I went numb. I couldn't believe it. I was drunk, my head was spinning. I couldn't cry. I couldn't speak. All I could do was say "No...that's crazy" And crawl into my bed and just knock out.

The next morning I researched again..and that's when it hit me. I can't even describe how heartbroken I was. I cried and cried and cried. I felt like I lost a friend. Who knew how much of a SERIOUS effect someone on TV can have on you. I've never met Cory in person..but I always dreamed to. He was driven. His motive was to fight his drug problem and stay clean. He had gone to rehab in April VOLUNTARILY and came back in June. He was clean..happy..healthy. Ready to work! Then, just like that, the drug demon took over. He mixed heroine and alcohol together..for one, mixing alcohol with another drug is DANGEROUS && two, his body was clean..so obviously the drug was too strong..and just like that..he left us. 

 I felt and STILL feel like it wasn't fair. He didn't have to die that way. Someone so driven and ready to get better..and a little temptation had to take him forever. I felt terrible. My poor Glee cast did not speak a word until a couple of days later. Lea Michele, his on and off screen GF ( for those who didn't know ) had not said one word. I can't even IMAGINE what that woman is going through. They were planning on getting married and moving in together. She was always with him, and the one time she wasn't..she had to get a call that her future husband had died.
Cory and Lea <3
NOBODY knew this was coming and I think that's what makes his death so freaking sad.

On Tuesday or maybe it was Monday, Lea Michele finally broke her silence. And she posted on both twitter and instagram.
I was sooooo happy to see that she was okay. She is one brave girl! Seriously.





Finn and Rachel <3

Ryan Murphy (producer of Glee) had left everything to her. If she wanted Glee to be canceled, he would have canceled it. If she wanted Rachel's character to be gone, he would've done it. But instead, she insisted the show keep on and also to have a nice episode dedicated to Cory. SHE IS WONDERFUL!!! I'm so proud of her. ugh, I'd be crying right now if I hadn't already cried so many rivers ='[[[[ !




Diana (Quinn), Mark (Puck), and Cory (Finn). So silly :P
Cory will FOREVER live in our hearts. #LONGLIVEFINNHUDSON! Love you buddy!

I HAD ORDERED A NECKLACE THAT SAYS "I [HEART] FINN" . GOING TO CHECK THE MAIL NOW TO SEE IF IT CAME. I SHALL POST A PICTURE OF IT!











No comments:

Post a Comment